Check Us Out!
The Catholic Spirit Post of the Rosary Pilgrimage at the St Paul Cathedral
Students at St. Jude of the Lake Catholic School, International Baccalaureate School, in Mahtomedi pray the rosary during the annual Children's Rosary Pilgrimage at the Cathedral of St. Paul Oct. 7. They were joined by other Catholic elementary schools in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
Why St. Jude? Check this out!
St. Jude of the Lake Catholic IB World School = Challenge the Mind and Inspire the Spirit
Registration for the 2015-2016 School Year in process.
We have received a grant from Catholic Schools Center of Excellence (CSCOE) to support three types of available Tuition Credits:
- $1,000 Credits for new Kindergarten students
- $1,500 Transfer Credits for new students in grades 1-5
- $500.00 Referral Credits for every student you refer who enrolls. If you do not have children in the school you can apply the $500 to a student of your choice.
St. Jude of the Lake IB World School is Paving the Way!
Learn more about St. Jude in the White Bear Lake Magazine's July 2015 issue. Click here to read the article.
Posted in School News on 07/02/15
St. Jude of the Lake Catholic School set IB precedent for all Catholic schools ... Read More »
Posted in School News on 06/04/15
The primary purpose of assessment at school is to assist teachers in improvement of ... Read More »
Posted in School News on 05/05/15
MISF Awards STEM Grant valued at $ 5,460.00 to St. Jude of the Lake ... Read More »
Your first call should be to law enforcement or child protection officials. Click to learn more.
At St. Jude of the Lake, our uniform is a visual sign of our school community. Students in uniform gain a sense of pride in themselves and their school. In addition, the uniform may help build self-confidence and respect, and direct a focus on learning.
Clothing must be neat, clean, and in good repair. Neatness and cleanliness will be expected at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, having shirts tucked in and buttoned completely with the exception of the top button.
Give Support or Pay Tuition
Click the button to donate to the school, Rake-a-thon or set up/pay your tuition payments.
Is your child going to be absent today?
Call the attendance line: 651-395-5300
On October 7 all the students and staff participated in the Rosary Pilgrimage at the St Paul Cathedral.
Mahtomedi Homecoming Parade
Fun was had by all who participated in the parade. Thank you to everyone who supported us!
Safety in the School House…
This past week St. Jude of the Lake students had our first Fire Drill and all students practiced how to evacuate the school bus.
Pine Tree Apple Orchard
First field trip of the year! The Kindergarten class visited Pine Tree Apple Orchard and picked their very own apples!
Monday through Friday
9:00am – 4:00pm
- Fr. Cory Rohlfing, Pastor
- Cressy Epperly, Principal
- Emily Overhaug, Kindergarten
- Rachel Gilbert, First Grade
- Molly Balshaw, Second Grade
- Chuck Scobba, Third Grade
- Jeanne Thoemke, Fourth/Fifth Grade
- Anne Chapel, Music/Theatre
- Mike Langer, Spanish/Physical Education/IB Coordinator
- Andrea Kangas, Art
- Marlene Lagios, Piano
- Laurie Barclay, Administrative Assistant
Winter Weather Preparedness for Schools
Children can be especially susceptible to the dangers associated with winter weather. Their youthful enthusiasm often takes over when common sense and safety should prevail. Parents should stay informed of winter weather and school closings by listening to daily reports on local radio or television stations.
Parents please review the following winter safety tips with your children who walk to and from bus stops or school.
- Dress appropriately for cold weather: sweaters, pants, winter coats, hats, scarves, socks and boots.
- When you bundle up, keep your line of vision open to look out for traffic and other hazards
- Allow extra travel time to get to the bus stop or school
- Wear bright jackets or coats so bus drivers can easily see you in the morning or evening
- Stand at least 10 steps away (or back) from bus stops. Buses need extra room to stop - you could fall and slip into the roadway and be at risk of being struck by a vehicle
- Do not cross the street at your bus stop until all traffic has come to a complete stop and the bus driver has signaled that it is safe to cross.