St. Jude’s Discovery Center
SJDC, is a faith-based, Nationally Accredited, (NAEYC) and 4 Star Parent Aware Rated Early Childhood Program for children 16 months through 5 years of age. SJDC is a Lake Area Discovery Center, LADC, certified school that strives to provide a stimulating environment which helps each child reach their full potential while growing in God’s love. Daily Learning Centers incorporate skill building, creative arts, science, math, dramatic play, sensory, literature, writing, individualized cooking and music. A strong emphasis is placed on developing social skills along with kindergarten readiness.
What Makes St. Jude’s Discovery Center Unique?
1. Highly Qualified, Caring Staff: STDC hires four year degreed/licensed, early-childhood specialists/Kindergarten certified teachers as the Lead Teachers.
2. Full Day and Part-day Programming: The daily schedule includes 6.5 hours of core-curriculum experiences with the licensed-teachers.
3. National Accreditation and 4 Star Parent Aware Rating: St. Jude’s Discovery Center is proud to have earned NAEYC Accreditation, the mark of quality and excellence for early childhood education and a 4 Star Parent Aware Rating which is the highest rating in the state.
4. Flexible, Customized Schedules: Full and part-time options are available. The day is divided into half-day blocks with extended hours on each end of the day to meet the needs of busy families.
5. Faith-Based: In addition to our weekly spiritual emphasis and daily prayer, lessons built on our Catholic faith are written into the curriculum and children participate in singing and worship.
6. Parent Education Program: Speakers and social events are also provided throughout the school year, at no additional cost.
7. Teaching to the Whole Child: The Discovery Center classrooms, curriculum and teaching approach is designed to help children succeed and reach their full potential.
8. Community/Family Events: SJDC partners with St. Jude of the Lake Faith Formation and Elementary School to host Family Events throughout the year. Families often form strong relationships and continue friendships for many years.
We have a scholarship program for all students who will be in their last year of preschool.
Read more about the Schulze Early Learning Scholarship.